Permanent Hair Removal With IPL And Laser
Hair banned! – only smooth silky skin allowed…
If you have had enough of unsightly stubble and irksome ingrowns, well, this is the thing for you – laser and IPL permanent hair removal. Whether it's unwanted fuzz on your face, underarms, forearms, trunk, or legs and "between".. we've got it all covered.
The Sloane Clinic's range of FDA-approved laser and IPL hair removal devices utilizes deeply penetrating light wavelengths to zone in on the hair follicles for gentle yet rapid and effective long-lasting hair removal. This leaves you with the smooth silky skin you always dreamed of, and puts an end to routine shaving and messy waxing.
What are the benefits of laser and IPL hair removal?
Laser and IPL hair removal are the most advanced, most effective, and safest treatments for permanent hair reduction.
How many treatments will I need?
- They allow large areas of skin can be treated at once.
- Lighter and darker skin types and hair can be treated safely and effectively.
- Any area of the body where smoother, fuzz-free skin is desired can be treated effectively.
- It combines the ease and speed of shaving or waxing with the long-term benefits of electrolysis.
- Less mess, pain and risk of scarring compared to other methods of hair removal.
- No repeated trauma and irritation from constant shaving and epilation. This saves you from problems such as darkening of the skin and ingrown hairs.
- Existing ingrown hairs and shaving bumps are effectively removed as well.
Hair grows in staggered cycles. While the laser & IPL disables the hair follicle in the active growth phase, previously dormant follicles can assume growth after the treatment. Hence, a few treatment sessions will be required for optimal results.
The number of sessions you require for best results will depend on the density, thickness and color of your hair, and the area to be treated. Most patients would need an average of 4 to 6 treatments, at approximately 4 to 8 weeks' intervals.
With each session, you will notice 4'F's – significantly fewer, finer and fairer (which will be less visually obvious) hair that grows at a much slower rate (farther intervals).
These effects are permanent, although a touch-up may be required from time to time especially for more severe cases.
So which treatment will be most suitable for me?
Everyone is unique, so should every treatment. At The Sloane Clinic, we are not limited by any one technology. We have a variety of FDA-approved hair removal lasers and lights to suit different skin and hair types, delivering the most effective, most comfortable treatments with your safety in mind.
– You want to look your best and feel confident in knowing that you are getting the highest quality treatment. From the world's leader in lasers, this long-pulsed Nd-Yag laser is one of the fastest and most powerful of its kind in the market. The gentle giant stays true to its name, being extremely kind even to dark or tanned skin while going tough on "stubble" spots. Its patented Dynamic Cooling Device (DCD™) maximizes comfort and safety.
– This is an excellent option for light skin types. Its unique wavelength has an intense pick up by pigment, enabling it to treat lighter-colored or finer hair very effectively while lightening darkened skin from recurrent traumatic shaving.
– Its large hand piece allows for rapid "fuzz" free treatment. This treatment is better suited for lighter skin types with dark hair.
Since all laser and IPL targets pigment in the hair to disable the hair follicles, these methods will not be effective on white, very light grey or fair blonde hair. The Sloane clinic has a wide armamentarium of hair removal lasers and lights so that our doctors can customize the best hair removal treatments to suit your hair and skin types, delivering the most effective, most comfortable treatments with your safety in mind. At The Sloane Clinic, we are not limited by any one technology.
Is there anything preparation I need to do before the treatment?
Refrain from further plucking or waxing. Avoid over-shaving a few days before the treatment as it is important for the doctor to be able to see short hair stubbles. Do not suntan prior to treatment.
Is there any special post-treatment care?
You can dive right back to your normal activities right after the treatment. Apply sunscreen diligently on any treated areas that are sun-exposed. In some stances, your doctor may recommend a specially formulated product line for use between treatments.
It is normal to notice some successfully treated coarser hairs seemingly "growing" as they are extruded by your skin over the week after treatment before being permanently eliminated. These stubbles can be shaved off.